Wednesday, April 5, 2017

More Tech Toys for Weight Loss

There are tech toys dieters and healthy eaters can use besides the Fitbit and related gadgets - which of course track activity, food and water intake, sleep etc. What's left? Well, at our "cohort" meeting this week our leader strongly suggested that we buy a scale for the upcoming transition to food. And she mentioned a more fully-featured one than I have had in the past - the digital Kitrics scale. (Available on Amazon Prime of course, so already in my hot little hands.)

You not only can get the food's weight, but also info such as calories, protein, carbs, fat and more. That's because you can enter a "food code" (there's a book) with numbers for all kinds of food items (fresh, prepared, etc.). That way, the scale can use what it knows about the food, along with the weight, to provide the additional info. I tried it with a lemon and a hard-boiled egg just for fun.

It is battery-run but comes "pre-loaded" (you pull the tab to start battery use), and the instructions are simple, even to me. I'm not in the food-eating/food-weighing phase yet, but once there, this new toy will help me more accurately track what I'm eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment