Tuesday, April 4, 2017

BMI Breakthrough

So as I mentioned in my previous post, there are other milestones and pluses along the weightloss-way besides numbers on a scale. Another number that matters (though it does relate to the number on the scale) is BMI (Body Mass Index). At the start of this diet and up until my last weigh-in, I was officially in the "Obese" category. Needless to say - ugh. Now I can celebrate the fact that I am merely "Overweight" rather than obese. Of course it is just a label, but it indicates a decrease in health risk factors, which is important. I was happy to realize I'd made the jump from one category on the BMI chart to another, going in the right direction! (For more info on BMI, see the American Heart Association web page) I will say, though, that I think I'm going to have to resign myself to the "Overweight" label, as I'd have to lose another 25 pounds in addition to the 35 I've lost in the last 13 weeks, to get into the "Normal" category, and I don't think that's going to happen. I'm OK with that though, at my age. I'd like to go down maybe another ten pounds, but probably not much more. Then I'll be just happy to just maintain a 40-45 pound weight-loss permanently!



No comments:

Post a Comment