Monday, April 17, 2017

Messed Up on Easter :-(

I shoulda known better. Our Kaiser group leader said when we "transitioned" we would start with cooked vegetables, not fresh vegetables. But I had prepared a "salad bar" for our family Easter meal and thought, how bad can it be to make a salad and join the others eating real food just this once?

Of course the salad included chicken, garbanzo beans, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, salad dressing and more. Oh and I also had a stick or two of celery with clam dip. So yeah, totally screwed up.

And paid the price. First of all, the volume was way more than my stomach was used to so it felt like it was going to explode. Tummy pain all night. And really bad indigestion. And worry that I was going to end up in the ER with gall bladder issues. Dumb dumb dumb

On the other hand, I didn't gorge on chocolate bunnies, peeps and jelly beans. Though maybe in terms of GI stuff they would have given me less trouble! I just thought, salad, how bad can it be? And now I know.

So back to products of course, and when we transition in a few weeks it will NOT be by jumping into the foods our experienced, wise leader has warned us about!!


No comments:

Post a Comment